11.11.10

Knowing God

One of the books I have been reading while I'm here in Korea is J.I. Packer's "Knowing God." I am VERY slowly making my way through this book and enjoying some of it's wisdom. I thought I'd share a quote that I read the other day: What is the best thing in life, bringing more joy, delight, and contentment, than anything else? Knowledge of God. "Thus said the Lord, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich glory in his riches; but let him that glory, glory in this, that he understands and knows me" (Jer. 9: 23) ....What makes life worth while is having a big enough objective, something which catches our imagination and lays hold of our allegiance; and this the Christian has, in a way that no other man has. For what higher, more exalted, and more compelling goal can there be than to know God?

No comments:

Post a Comment